Sunday, October 11, 2009

IN THEIR OWN WORDS - Back from Kenya and Tanzania

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2009
NEW YORK, NY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KENYA
TANZANIA


“My dream was to go to Africa and experience all it had to offer, its people, the animals and the scenery. I spent over a year researching how to travel and who should handle my dream trip.

2AFRIKA came to my rescue. I booked my trip to Kenya and Tanzania. As the departure date arrived, I was the only person who had booked that particular date. As a single lady of years, I was wondered what this solo traveler would find. The night before departure, I received a telephone call from Kenneth saying a fellow traveler would join me for part of my adventure. I arrived in Nairobi shortly after noon. There would be three of us on this adventure -- Charles, the driver, Charles, my fellow traveler and I. We called ourselves The Three Charles.

At Serena Mountain Lodge, I wandered to the viewing deck to check out the animals at the watering hole. A little monkey sat quietly on the deck drinking from a cup left behind. The air smelled sweat and I envisioned my trekking along an old animal trail. As I gazed at the flamingos around Lake Nakuru, I was laying on the ground clicking away with my camera, when Charles the driver asked me to return to the van. Little did I know, but behind me was a male lion strolling along the shore oblivious to my presence. He was magnificent and one of many close and up front animal encounters – mother lioness and cubs, a tree leopard, a howling Hyrax, baboons outside my tented accommodations, cheetah cubs and mom resting in the shade. Oh, I can’t forget the elephants in Amboseli walking past our lodge each night toward their watering hole, giraffes, hippos, zebras and wildebeest and the ugliest stork I have ever seen. Monkeys watching me sort through my digital camera disks – only to lose one disk to a dare devil that that took it to the closest tree top. A highlight was feeding giraffes and petting warthogs at the Giraffe Center in Nairobi .

Visiting a Maasai village and talking with the people and children with their Queen’s English and magnificent vocabularies, simply wonderful. A hot air balloon ride in the early dawn— my flight Above Africa. This trip exceeded my greatest expectations. Thanks to everyone at 2AFRIKA.”

To learn more about how you can enter 2AFRIKA's 'In Their Own Words' competition, contact gerhard@2afrika.com for more details

2AFRIKA, INC. remains committed to 'Keeping Africa Affordable','Corporate Social Responsibility in Tourism' but most importantly, the comfort, security and safety of its valued passengers!