Monday, October 8, 2007

IN THEIR OWN WORDS - BOTSWANA!

Report from a female traveler traveling alone!

I just returned from a wonderful six night holiday at Chobe Safari Lodge. I traveled on a package through 2AFRIKA and could not have asked for a better first trip to Africa. The staff were outstanding, the guides extremely knowledgeable, and the facilities and grounds were beautiful. I stayed in one if the Safari Rooms which was very large with a large deck that overlooked the Chobe River.

As a female traveling alone, I was concerned about traveling to Africa but I had nothing to worry about. The level of respect I was afforded was higher than I experience even in the US.

I have always found that the slightest effort to communicate in the local language in any country is met with overwhelming responsiveness so I took the time to learn Setswana (the Batswana local language) before traveling to Botswana. It really made a difference and everyone responded so warmly. I will definitely travel to Africa again and although I may journey to a location other than Botswana, I would like to recommend that anyone desiring a first rate experience to Africa book with 2AFRIKA.

If you would like to comment on this Blog Post, please communicate directly with 2AFRIKA Founder & President, Kenneth R. Hieber, electronically via kenneth@2afrika.com