Sunday, November 4, 2007

IN THEIR OWN WORDS – BOTSWANA & ZAMBIA!

Hi Michael,

Just a brief note to let you know how PERFECTLY everything worked for our Zambia and Botswana safari in Aug/Sept! The safari arrangements you made were great, On-Site Representatives were always on time, professional and friendly and the order of our lodge itinerary was just right (it was lovely to go from the least expensive on up, being more delightedly surprised with each property). If you would like a more detailed description of our trip I would be happy to chat with you.

I also have some fabulous photos - if I do say so myself!

Both Chobe and South Luangwa were amazing – lots of elephants of course, but I still couldn’t get enough, hippos, giraffes, lions (one very pregnant), leopards, civet and genet cats, honey badgers, zebras, all the antelope (including the reclusive bushbuck and sable), birds galore and two – count ‘em, TWO! - bush babies, which were near the top of my don’t-be-disappointed-if we-don’t-see-any list. Sausage Tree wasn’t as rich in game, but the luxury and the close encounters were fabulous. (Our last night a large male lion gave us a roaring send off at 2AM, circling our rondavel!)

I know this thank you is somewhat belated, but our friends and my office had been hounding me for a slide show which took me probably 50 hours or so to put together – and that was just the short one that wouldn’t bore people who weren’t there (30 minutes). I still want to add a lot of photos for Bob and me.

Please count me in as a reference if you need any – I applaud your knowledge in turning me into a very happy, experienced African explorer. As those Brits would say, our experience was brilliant!

Let me know if you would like more details (like the trepidation that struck us when the little plane landed on the Jeki airstrip to pick us up and the pilot got out with a 10 inch cross hanging around his neck ……. For luck???) or a photo or two –

Gratefully,

CG

For further information on this Safari or any other Safari in the 2AFRIKA Collection, visit us on the web at www.2afrika.com

2AFRIKA, INC. remains committed to Corporate Social Responsibility in Tourism.

If you would like to comment on this Blog Post, please communicate directly with 2AFRIKA Founder & President, Kenneth R. Hieber, electronically via kenneth@2afrika.com